It is the age-old conundrum for students- whether they should live in a hostel or whether they should rent out a flat. Of course, there are advantages and disadvantages to both sides. Here we discuss the Hostel life v/s Flat life in detail so that you can make an informed decision.
Advantages of Living in a Hostel over Living in a Flat
- Fees at a hostel are significantly lower when compared to that of flats. Rents for flats are generally higher so if you’re someone who is looking for a cost-effective option then hostels are the best option.
- Hostels have all provisions in place- like laundry facilities, cleaning, meals, common rooms, etc. That means that you do not have to go out of your way to arrange for these facilities. When you rent a flat, you have to go and look out for these facilities on your own.
- There is a great community and a social environment in hostels. Especially in luxury hostels like Youthville where students from various parts can bond, learn, and live together. For social living, hostels are a great option, and also to forge lifelong friendships.
- The growth of luxury hostels like Youthville is bringing comfortable living at cost-effective prices. These are well-designed, premium hostels, which offer community living and ample privacy in equal balance. Gone are the days when hostel rooms were cramped and had to be uncomfortably shared.
- These new-age hostels like Youthville are also catering to working professionals and not just students. There are private room options and round-the-clock high-speed wifi that makes the life of a working professional easier and more convenient.
Related Post- What Are The Pros And Cons Of Living In College Hostel?
Advantages of Living in a Flat Over Living in a Hostel
- Complete privacy is the biggest advantage of renting a flat for yourself. While they are much more expensive, they do offer no unforeseen interactions which can be a requirement for those who are introverts or like to be by themselves.
- You can choose a flat in any area you please. Hostels are generally present in select few areas of a city, but flats are available for rent in any neighborhood, so you have a larger choice.
- You can also host family or friends to come over if you have a flat. While most hostels have visitors, there can be an issue for these guests to stay over for a few days or weeks. Flats offer the luxury to call guests anytime you like.
Overall, hostels seem like the better bargain, for students and working professionals alike. They are cheap, convenient, and also designed luxuriously in this day and age.
If you are interested in looking for hostels for your stay in Mumbai or Pune then take a look at Youthville Hostels, that offer premium living for students and professionals, at great prices on http://www.youthvillehostel.com/